- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or later version
- Firefox 1.0 or later
Apex 4.0 requires:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 or later version
- Mozilla Firefox 3.5 or later version
- Google Chrome 4.0 or later version
- Apple Safari 4.0 or later version
While they’ve dropped support for IE 6, it does mention that you can still develop applications that will work perfectly well on the older version. Also, it’s good to see Oracle officially supporting more browsers, including Chrome. I’ve been using Chrome to develop Apex applications for quite a while now, and the only problem I’ve encountered is that the procedure editor wouldn’t work. I’ve tried it in Apex 4.0 using EPG and it seems to work fine – so that’s good. I doubt Apex will ever really replace SQL Developer but it’s already useful for many development and maintenance tasks.